This digital collection contains correspondence, family papers, business records, and church records from Chester County.
Part of the Irvin Department of Rare Books and Special Collections’ Pamphlets, this collection features one title, “Sunday afternoons with Mamma: a book for very little children” from 1866, by Agnes Giberne.
Salem M. E. Church South was located in Richland County, SC (now Fort Jackson property). It dates back to 1887 for sure and possibly even earlier to 1876. The church register is mostly from this Church.
The City Directories of South Carolina are housed at UofSC’s South Caroliniana Library. Many of the Columbia (S.C.) City Directores are at the Richland Library. It includes directories from the cities of Anderson, Camden, Chester, Clinton, Gaffney, Laurens, Newberry, Sumter, and Union.
SEARCH ACROSS ALL MOVING IMAGE RESEARCH COLLECTIONS HERE
The photographs, clippings and ephemera in this collection reflect Claude Casey’s personal and professional lives.
This collection contains the mementos Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin Franklin Eshleman, a former commander of the Washington Artillery battalion, saved in his scrapbook.
This searchable collection of Columbia (S.C.) City Directories from 1859 is an invaluable source for historians and genealogists. City directories offer an alphabetized listing of residents and businesses as well as a street-by-street listing of occupants.
The images in this collection have been created from a portfolio of book and manuscript leaves that was compiled and sold by The Society of Foliophiles in 1964.
This collection consists of five items that represent some of the earliest publications describing the diamond fields of South Africa.
Documentation for the People: Celebrating 125 Years as a Federal Depository Library.
Digital collection of over 80 of popular 19th century author E.D.E.N. Southworth’s books.