The series of photograph albums document the time that John Shaw Billings (1898-1975) and his extended fmaily spent at the Redcliffe plantation in Aiken County, South Carolina.
The Joseph E. Winter (1920–1992) Collection reflects the career of Joseph E. Winter, housing inspector (1955–1965) and director (1965–1980) of the Columbia Rehabilitation Commission.
The Joseph M. Bruccoli Great War Collection includes over 200 separate postcards. Most were printed in the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany.
The photographs of Kenneth Frederick Marsh (d. 1968) were used to illustrate the following books by photographer Marsh and his wife, Blanche Marsh: Historic Flat Rock (North Carolina), Plantation Heritage, Robert Mills, and The New South, Greenville, S.C.
Owner of Clear Springs Plantation, or Tipse Boo in St. Andrew’s Parish, Charleston, SC.
Giovanni Battista Piranesi was an innovative graphic artist most known for his architectural studies of Rome and imaginary prisons.
This collection includes A Story of Spartan Push: The Greatest Cotton Manufacturing Centre in the South: Spartanburg, South Carolina, and Its Resources by Edward P. McKissick and Spartanburg, City and County, South Carolina: Their Wonderful Attractions and Marvelous Advantages as a Place of Settlement, and for the Profitable Investment of Capital by the Spartanburg Board of Trade.
This group of stereographs contains images of the damage to Charleston during the Civil War, images of Folly and Port Royal Islands as well as forts, churches, hospitals and headquarters.
The University of South Carolina was originally established as the South Carolina College in 1801.
This collection consists of copies of films made by and for the University Libraries, The University of South Carolina Marching Band, University Athletics Department and the South Carolina Manuscripts Collection. It includes films and videos made about the various functions, services and events on the University of South Carolina campus.