Once part of an album, the photographs (circa 1900) show plantations, African Americans, horses, hunting, rice threshing, wagons and carts, and churches in Berkeley County, S.C.
The papers of the Rev. Charles Stuart Vedder (1826–1917) consist primarily of letters as well as diaries spanning a period of over sixty years.
This digital collection contains correspondence, family papers, business records, and church records from Chester County.
Salem M. E. Church South was located in Richland County, SC (now Fort Jackson property). It dates back to 1887 for sure and possibly even earlier to 1876. The church register is mostly from this Church.
E. Don Herd created these negatives while a student at Belton High School, Belton, S.C. and a few later while at Erskine College.
The E. E. Burson Collection consists of 253 glass plate negatives, as well as 253 contact prints made from the negatives, depicting Voorhees College students and buildings as well as townspeople and town scenes from Denmark, South Carolina.
This collection contains Bible records for a number of South Carolina families. They date from the late 1700s to the late 1900s. The Bible records contain information on births, marriages, deaths, and other notable events that occurred within the families.
The collection contains seven million feet of nitrate motion picture film and four million feet of safety motion picture film documenting the national and global politics and culture from 1919 through 1934 and from September 1942 through August 1944. Paper holdings provide detailed notes generated by original camera crews as well as ephemera related to individual stories.
Moving Image Research Collections’ holdings of amateur films and home movies documents family life, holiday celebrations, vacation travel and much more. These films, created in many locations across the United States and across the globe as well, represent a period of time spanning from the early 20th century to the 1970’s.
A historical records survey known as the Inventory of Church Archives was completed by W.P.A. workers between 1937 and 1939.