Broadsides from the Colonial Era to the Present at the South Caroliniana Library.
The papers of the Rev. Charles Stuart Vedder (1826–1917) consist primarily of letters as well as diaries spanning a period of over sixty years.
The photographs in this collection show the aftermath of the 1886 Charleston earthquake shortly after it occurred.
This digital collection contains correspondence, family papers, business records, and church records from Chester County.
Salem M. E. Church South was located in Richland County, SC (now Fort Jackson property). It dates back to 1887 for sure and possibly even earlier to 1876. The church register is mostly from this Church.
The City Directories of South Carolina are housed at UofSC’s South Caroliniana Library. Many of the Columbia (S.C.) City Directores are at the Richland Library. It includes directories from the cities of Anderson, Camden, Chester, Clinton, Gaffney, Laurens, Newberry, Sumter, and Union.
SEARCH ACROSS ALL MOVING IMAGE RESEARCH COLLECTIONS HERE
This curated collection brings together diverse archival footage documenting the Civil Rights movement.
This collection contains the mementos Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin Franklin Eshleman, a former commander of the Washington Artillery battalion, saved in his scrapbook.
This searchable collection of Columbia (S.C.) City Directories from 1859 is an invaluable source for historians and genealogists. City directories offer an alphabetized listing of residents and businesses as well as a street-by-street listing of occupants.